YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.These
Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
This site and any services, materials, or forms supplied by TW are provided for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for legal advice or legal representation. TW does not review your information or decisions to ensure compliance with the law of your jurisdiction. TW does not guarantee that any jurisdiction will accept or enforce your documents.
Because TW is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice, we cannot answer any questions regarding making legal decisions and cannot advise you on such decisions. Any decisions you make when using this site are solely your responsibility and TW is not responsible or liable for any of these decisions. By using this Site and/or any services, materials, or forms provided by TW, you agree to waive any claims against TW for any loss or damage that may occur as a result of your decisions.
Any estate planning documents prepared by TW are prepared with the information provided by you to TW. You are solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information you provide, maintaining up-to-date information in your account, and for reviewing the information and documents produced for accuracy and agreement with your intentions.
Any documents prepared by TW will not be valid unless and until you properly execute the documents, which may include signing the documents in front of a notary and/or witnesses. Failure to properly execute the documents may result in your documents being invalid and/or unenforceable in your jurisdiction. Failure to follow instructions provided by TW regarding executing your documents or finalizing your estate plan may result in your estate plan being invalid and/or unenforceable.
Different states and jurisdictions have varying laws regarding estate planning, guardianship, probate, estate taxes, etc., and laws are subject to change periodically. Therefore, if you have questions about the law of your jurisdiction, you should speak with an attorney in your jurisdiction. If you own property in a jurisdiction other than the one in which you live, you should speak with an attorney in that jurisdiction to ensure your documents will be enforceable in that jurisdiction. You must make your own decision regarding whether you need to speak with an attorney or other professional to seek advice on any matters addressed by this site. Furthermore, anyone you name as executor, trustee, guardian, agent, or any other position in your legal documents should consult with an attorney for advice on their rights and responsibilities.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by TrulyWill. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by TW or by our respective third-party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by TW, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of TW’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. TW does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by TW. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by TW.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than TW (each a "Third-Party Site"). TW may now or in the future work with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with TW. TW may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. TW is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third-Party Site, any website accessed from a Third-Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. TW makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. TW is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third-Party Site. TW is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TW of the Third-Party Site, nor does it imply that TW sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third-Party Site and agree that TW is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third-Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third-Party Site.
5. License to Use. TW grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the "Forms") for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
6. Resale of Forms Prohibited. By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase, or download may only be used by you for your personal use or used by you and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of TW.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Summary: Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the unlikely event that TW is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if TW has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
9. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRULYWILL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TRULYWILL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. TRULYWILL SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD TRULYWILL AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF TRULYWILL HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF TRULYWILL, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing TW or using the TW legal document preparation Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third-party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your TrulyWill user account. TW reserves the right to immediately remove any content, article or materials that has infringed on the rights of TW or of a third-party or that violate intellectual property rights generally.
13. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
14. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
15. Customers Needing Extra Assistance. TW aims to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of the TW website, or otherwise have difficulties using the TW website, please call __________ for assistance.
17. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that TW reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
Last Updated: March 19, 2022